Graphic Designer & Social Media Specialist
- Executing creative concepts
- Understanding the scope of a project and articulating ideas
- Developing mood boards, sketches and design explorations
- Designing layouts and mock-ups from briefs
- Designing logotypes, logos and icons
- Designing print collateral and other offline pieces (packaging, merchandise)
- Working on revisions from design team and departmental feedback
- Creating production ready files for all work
Only Apply If You Meet Qualifications
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is a must.
- Retouching and resizing photos, solid knowledge of the path tool
- Strong eye and high taste level aesthetically
- A healthy addiction to the internet, fashion, and pop culture
- WordPress/website development
- Must be team-oriented, responsive, and comfortable collaborating in a positive manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment on multiple projects
Does this sound like you? Let us know why we should meet. For consideration, you must submit your resume and and online portfolio or PDF samples of your work.
Software Engineering Teacher
- Introduce students to the wonderful world of computing, technology, and engineering.
- Create software engineering lesson plans involving the systematic process of designing, creating, and maintaining software applications.
- Teach design computer systems using hands-on activities and computational thinking exercises. -Explore the fundamentals of computer science to gain an understanding of how to create programs that will control electrical devices.
- Teach the basics of engineering and construct several projects using hardware components, such as the Lego WeDo, Makey-Makey, and Arduino Gemma devices.
- Teach students how to develop complete mobile applications for Android and iOS platforms and showcase their projects at the end of the year.
- Students will learn about human and animal anatomy & physiology, genetics, biology, physics and chemistry through fun STEM hands-on learning activities.
- Engage in fun pre-med challenges that prepare students to think critically. Students will be exposed into the science health fields of nursing, medical doctor and veterinary med.
- Introduce students to medical professions
Fashion Technology Teacher
- Able to teach sewing to students in grades 3rd-12th grade
- Extensive knowledge of pattern making, draping, garment construction, and fitting.
- Expertise in the design of garment collections as it pertains to concept origination, research methods and resources, collection design, styling and presentation.
- Able to develop lesson plans that incorporate fashion and technology
- Ability to create a positive learning and working studio environment.
- Ability to work well with students in providing technical expertise and mentoring them in the development and construction of creative designs for runway presentation.
- Able to learn how to use Lillypad technology to integrate technology into fashion
- Ability to inventory studio supplies and make needs recommendations to program director.
- Able to make jewelry such as earrings, pendants and bracelets
- Expertise in textiles.
Plans and teaches science, technology, engineering, art and math project based learning activities and provides student tutorial in key subject areas.
- Communicate effectively with parents/stake holders and ensure their satisfaction with the program.
- Ability to create engaging and relevant lesson plans.
- Should be able to plan activities ahead of time.
- Attend virtual and/or on-site STEM/STEAM trainings to enhance skill set.
- Develop strong relationships with the school staff and administration.
- Maintains daily record of student attendance.
- Keep GI and school site property/area clean and organized daily
Educational and Professional Experience
1- 3 years teaching experience. Retired educators and college students are welcomed to apply
Bachelor’s degree preferred unless currently enrolled in college
Early Childhood certification is a plus.
We are always in search of high quality elective teachers. We are currently seeking teachers in the following elective areas.
- Computer Programming (JAVA, Python, Ruby on Rails, etc.)
- Karate/Martial Arts
- Musical Instruments (Guitar, Flute, Violin, etc.)
- Foreign Languages (Spanish, French, Chinese, Mandarin, etc.)
- Pre-med (anatomy & physiology)
Generation Infocus Internships
Are you seeking a fun and enriching internship opportunity?
Do you need work experience to build your resume and/ or portfolio?
Are you taking a college credit class that requires an internship in teaching, curriculum and instruction/instructional design, business, marketing, graphics, computer programming, etc.?
Generation Infocus will provide you with a well rounded internship that seeks to address your learning and career objectives. Internships are customizeable to meet your needs. All interns must be able to pass a background check.
Provides a STEAM hands-on learning opportunity that is rewarding.
- Learn and work alongside certified teachers
- Learn how to create STEM/STEAM lesson plans
- Learn how to implement and teach lesson plans
- Develop skilled practice working with children
- Will receive job work experience and employer recommendation from GI
- Operating hours are from 2pm-6pm
- Must be able to commit to at least 8 hours per week, 20 hours per week is ideal
- Intern to work on the development and launching product line initiatives for disadvantaged youth.
- This is a great part-time internship that can be virtual.
- Able to use Photoshop, Indesign and/or Illustrator